none
Project Managers in PWA cant build their Team in Project Server 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I've created a basic project (Project Server 2013) and added a few tasks and when I click on "Build Team" while editing the project in PWA, I get the Build Team Page .  I'm logged in with the "Project Manager" permissions (All permissions set to allow).  Whenever, i have to build my team in Project then unable to see any resources @left side (AD users). Is there any issue?
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 2:25 PM

Answers

• It is only for categories. Open the category and under the "project" section, you'll find a "resources" section. Note that you have to click on the + symbol in order to expand the section.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Vrij007 Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:20 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:31 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Is the project manager group associated to a category which has visibility restrictions based on the RBS configuration?

It might be that the category he belongs to doesn't allow him seeing resource in a descendant/ascendant/parallel RBS branch. Please review your category settings versus RBS and see if it helps.

Another thing to check if you might have a pre-filter popup while open the "build team" if you have more than 1000 resources in the enterprise resource pool. If by mistake you set in this dialog box a wrong pre-filter, it might return no resources once in the build team dialog box.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:41 PM
  • Dear Guilliaume,

I haven't made any RBS so far in Project Server 2013 & there is hardly 400 resources in my AD.

Project manager having access to build his team.

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 3:48 PM
  • Check that the category associated to the group the PM belongs to is configured like this for the resources:

Then double check the group permissions concerning build team AND resources.

Finally check that the PM has not specific permissions removed directly though his profile (and not the group).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, MCP |

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 4:01 PM
  • I am unable to get this type of window in any category (User, Group or Category)
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 7:11 AM
  • It is only for categories. Open the category and under the "project" section, you'll find a "resources" section. Note that you have to click on the + symbol in order to expand the section.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

• Marked as answer by Vrij007 Thursday, October 30, 2014 6:20 AM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:31 AM