So where is androidmanifest.xml? RRS feed

• Question

• User9517 posted

I have been puzzling over this for a little while now I would be cool to figure this out or is it something that I need to make if so where should I put it?

Thursday, May 2, 2013 6:55 PM

All replies

• User35 posted

It isn't created by default. If you want to add one:

• For Visual Studio - go to Project Options, select the AndroidManifest.xml tab.
    • For Xamarin Studio - go to Project Options, select Build...Android Application.
    Thursday, May 2, 2013 7:22 PM
  • User48 posted

If you want to see the AndroidManifest.xml that is used to create your .apk, see obj\$(Configuration)\android\AndroidManifest.xml.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:11 PM
  • User9517 posted

Thank you both allot for that tip -- It will help quite a bit in making more robust apps.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 8:30 PM
  • User62960 posted

It would be useful to add this information to the Hello Android walkthrough: http://developer.xamarin.com/guides/android/gettingstarted/hello,android/hello,androidquickstart/

Project > PhoneworldDroid &Options > Build > AndroidApplication > Add Android Manifest

Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:37 PM
  • User46342 posted

@JohnIreton? absolutely, i was lost right now following that guide for that exact reason. It's a mistake and somebody should fix it.

Monday, July 21, 2014 7:09 AM
  • User68031 posted

I aggre, thank you for this thread I have found it in Xamarin Studio!

Saturday, August 9, 2014 7:28 AM
  • User63439 posted

I see it was still not added to the Quick start guide, which was a bit confusing. It would be nice if it was added. Oh, and thanks for the responses!

Thursday, September 4, 2014 11:48 AM
  • User87882 posted

The same issue dragged me here. Thanks for the solution. Its still not added. Kindly add the section to avoid confusion.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014 12:03 PM
  • User76032 posted

Hi @JohnIreton - can't find the manifest either and ecded up here - I've gone to:

Project > PhoneworldDroid &Options > Build > AndroidApplication

but I can't see "Add Android Manifest" anywhere???

Should it be a button? One of the Required Permissions?

I wonder if I'm on the correct screen? The options I see are: Application Name Package Name Application Icon Version Number Version Name Minimum Android Version Target Android Version Install Location Required Permissions

Am I on the correct screen??? Thanks

Monday, December 22, 2014 10:56 AM
  • User76032 posted

@JohnIreton - So I still can't find the screen you're on about but I have found the Manifest - for anyone using Visual Studio, the file should be available via the solution explorer:

In your Android App, expand the Properties node and it should be there - along with the AssemblyInfo.cs file.

Hope this helps someone.

Monday, December 22, 2014 11:22 AM
  • User105172 posted

Thanks for the solution

Wednesday, February 4, 2015 12:52 AM