none
Can you filter on "Task Path" items? RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing the limits of the "Task Path" fuctionality for v2013.  Is it possible to filter for those tasks that meet a specific "Task Path" criteria?  For example, if I select "Driving Predecessors" can I get a list of only those tasks that are the Driving Predecessors for that task?  If so, what column needs to be filtered?

Chris

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:46 PM

Answers

• Hi Chris,

Unfortunately you cannot filter based on the task path criteria. They are not in any project field/column but just accessible via the bar format in the Gantt Chart. I guess it would be possible to do some VBA but this cannot be done out-of-the-box.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Chris,

Unfortunately you cannot filter based on the task path criteria. They are not in any project field/column but just accessible via the bar format in the Gantt Chart. I guess it would be possible to do some VBA but this cannot be done out-of-the-box.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Monday, November 17, 2014 6:56 PM
  • This is what I figured.  So far, this function is leaving me underwhelmed.

Thanks.

Chris

Monday, November 17, 2014 7:13 PM
  • Agreed it would be nice to filter on these.  Certainly possible via VBA as the fields are available there.  Perhaps a development job for someone out there, it wouldn't be difficult.

Ben Howard [MVP] | web | blog | book | P2O

Monday, November 17, 2014 8:26 PM