none
Why chinese RRS feed

• Question

• That what I get, when changing format on my flash in WEB4:

<object id="flash1" data="DATA:application/x-oleobject;BASE64,瑢㡴洰甲硺均䕵䙒ㅕ䅑䝁噤汚䅕元䅁䉯䄸䙁䕣䅁䥁䅁䅉䅁䅁䅁䅧杅䅁䄊睇扁䉷䅮㡇䱁䉧䅺捈婁䅧䅁杁䕁䅧䅁睇扁䉷䅮㡇䱁䉧䅺捈婁䅧䅁杁ੁ杄䅁䙁䅣兡畂䝁䅑睢㍂䅁䅁䅃䝁䅁䅁兌硁䅁䅁䅃䝁䅁䅁兌硁䅁䅁䅃䭁䄊䅁十䉁䅰捇慁䅁䅁杁䅁䅧䅁䅁䍁䅁䅇䅁䱁䅑䅸䅁䍁䅁䅁䅁䍁䅁䅃䅁ੁ䅁䥁䉁䅁䅁呂䝁䅧睢㍂䕁䅅䅢獂䅁䅁䅃䕁䅁䅁䅍䅁䅁䅧䅂䅁䑁䅁䅁䥁䄊䥁䅁䅁䅁杁䅁䅁䅁杁䅁䅧䅁䅁䑁䅑䅁䅁䅁䅁䅁䅁䅁䅁䅁䅁䍁䅁䅅䅁ੁ免䅁䅁䅧䅂䅁䑁䅁䅁䥁䅁䅁䅁䥁䅁䅑䅁睁䅁䅁䅃䥁䅁䅁兙獂䝁䅷䅁䥁䄊睁䅁䉁䅭䕇扁䉁䅺啇䅁䅁਽" style="width: 306px; height: 42px" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">
    </object>
    No one can read it, even my browser can't get it right.

Monday, September 20, 2010 4:23 PM

All replies

•  "Changing format on your flash"?  EW doesn't edit flash. :)

I assume you mean the <object> tag for your flash. 

Since we have no idea what was there before, what you mean by format (encoding? something else?) or what you changed it to, I'm not sure what you can expect for replies.

Monday, September 20, 2010 4:36 PM
  • Ok - When I import the flash everything works. But when I chance the size of the flash in the design-window the code turns to chinese, as You se.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 5:02 PM
  • Ok - When I import the flash everything works. But when I chance the size of the flash in the design-window the code turns to chinese, as You se.

[EDIT: This'll teach me to discuss design view without explicitly testing. Testing with a swf indicates that you can resize the container, but in my tests, that did not resize the swf itself. It simply limited the visible portion of it to the dimensions selected. Not sure what value that has... ]

And you're surprised? A Flash object is just that, an object, not a standard, resizable HTML element. You can't simply drag its dimension handles in design view to resize it. You will want to go to the application that created the Flash and output the file at the size that you intend to use it, then insert the object. (Actually, pre-sizing all visual elements, including images, is considered best practice.)

cheers,
    scott
    C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular ) "Web" (singular ), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    • Edited by paladyn Monday, September 20, 2010 6:52 PM
    Monday, September 20, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Dear Sir

Yes I am surprised. If you gave it a try: It comes in in a small window, and you resize to what you want. Normaly no problem!!!!!

Take an other drink and calm down!

Frank from DK

Monday, September 20, 2010 6:10 PM
  • And it plays at that size? Hmm, time for some testing. My habit of not working in design view may be leading me astray, but I've never seen a Flash object that could be resized after the fact in a browser or Web tool. I never use design view for resizing anything, but I suppose that I'll have to test now to see what happens....

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 6:27 PM
  • Is this a player you're using, or a straight swf file, or what? All I have available on this machine is swf (I use swfobject.js, which avoids the whole object/embed bit).

C'mon, folks. This isn't rocket science, nor neurosurgery. It's "Expression" (singular) "Web" (singular), in that order, followed by a version numeral if you wish to be specific. It is often abbreviated "EW." It is not "Web Expression," "Expressions Web," "Web Expressions," or plain "Expression" or "Expressions." Not using the correct name indicates either ignorance or laziness. Most folks would rather avoid the appearance of either.
    Monday, September 20, 2010 6:35 PM
  • OK, I've edited my original reply above to reflect the results of my testing. Testing does reveal that you can resize in design view (NOTE: tested on swf object only). However, this simply results in a movie bounded to the size of the container, with any movie content outside those bounds being invisible. Unsure what value that might have.

So, are you testing with the Flash object itself, with an embedded player, or what?

cheers,
    scott

Monday, September 20, 2010 6:57 PM
  • I've made swf-file in the size wanted. When I import from the menu "import flash" it comes in a small window. aprox 100x100 px with a background. I can "safe" /see in browser. When I in "Flash properties" size it to orignial size it playes well in "play flash"  in design view but after it's safed it turns to chinese in the code, and that's it.

It seems totaly odd - but it's not a joke!!!!!!

Monday, September 20, 2010 8:20 PM