Where are the ClipToBounds options in Blend 3? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm a complete newbie to Expression Blend 3, and have been having a heck of a time finding the ClipToBounds options.  Do they still exist in Blend 3?

All of the documentation I've found point to it being a simple matter of selecting your object, expanding the advanced Appearance properties, and toggling the ClipToBounds option.  (ref: http://expression.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc294657(Expression.30).aspx)  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find this option on any item in my scene.  Even attempting to manually insert the ClipToBounds="True" property into the code itself comes up with errors-- Blend 3's text editor hints have no record of a ClipToBounds property at all... the closest they come is a "Clip" property which seems to be less than ideal.

I realize I must be doing something silly and wrong, but I'm completely stumped as to what it is.

Any help someone could point my way would be most appreciated!

Thanks!
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:05 AM

All replies

• Hey bkSmiley,

The first time I used ClipToBounds it was a little confusing to me also. The ClipToBounds option is only available on containers as far as I know. So you will have to go to the grid or whatever container you happen to be using and expand the Appearance node. Once it is expanded go to the advanced properties for appearance and you should see a checkbox for ClipToBounds. Click the checkbox and any child element of that container will not render outside the borders of the container. The first time I tried to use ClipToBounds I was looking for the option on my individual assets and not on the container level. Hope this clears everything up for you.

Good luck,
    Brian
    • Proposed as answer by Brian Rod Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:15 PM
    Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:15 PM