none
Visual Studio 2017 How to add RDLC to Webform project?

Question

• When I have a webforms project open on VS 2017 enterprise, right-click on the project and select add new item, there doesn't appear to be a Report object.  How do I add an RDLC report object to a webforms project?

Selden

Friday, April 14, 2017 2:10 PM

Answers

• @Selden, have you check the Report object under the Visual C# tab rather than report tab after install VSIX packages "Microsoft Rdlc Report Designer for Visual Studio"? It`s exists under the Visual C# tab on my machine.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SeldenM Monday, April 17, 2017 2:57 PM
    Monday, April 17, 2017 11:33 AM

All replies

• I've already followed all the steps in this article, installed all the updates, etc.  Still no Report object on the Add New menu.

Selden

Friday, April 14, 2017 5:18 PM
  • Here's an update.  I tool an existing VS2017 project with RDLC objects and report viewer pages, and opened it in VS2017.  After following the conversion steps for upgrading reports to version 14, and then fixing some missing DLL references (such as Microsoft.sqlserver.types), the existing reports work, and I can edit existing RDLC object.

However, when I right-click on the solution and select Add New, there is no report tab, and no RDLC objects, as shown below.  How do I get it back?

Selden

Saturday, April 15, 2017 2:39 AM
  • @Selden, have you check the Report object under the Visual C# tab rather than report tab after install VSIX packages "Microsoft Rdlc Report Designer for Visual Studio"? It`s exists under the Visual C# tab on my machine.

Hope this can help you.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SeldenM Monday, April 17, 2017 2:57 PM
    Monday, April 17, 2017 11:33 AM
  • Thank you, Leo! Yes, I did find the Report objects on the C# add new menu. I never thought to look on the root of the Add New menu.

So, I went back to the VB project, and looked in the root of the Add New menu, and found the Report objects there, too.  Strangely, they don't show up in any of the child nodes (Web, General, Data, etc.).

Maybe this could be categorized as a bug in Visual Studio 2017.

Selden

Monday, April 17, 2017 3:00 PM