none
Access 2016 Web App AVERAGE Function RRS feed

• Question

• Hey Everyone -

I think my Access 2016 is broken as it didn't come with the AVERAGE function.When building a formula and hand-typing in the function an error is produced, plus it is not in the function list.

An Access pro of mine verified that it's not available for them either. Does anyone have any idea of how to AVERAGE in an Access 2016 web app?

I must be missing something obvious because this is as basic a function as you can get.

Thanks!

Sunday, June 26, 2016 9:27 PM

Answers

• Hi JCall,

>> AVG([Price_1],[Price_2],{Price_3],[Price_4])

Avg function is used to average over multiple rows instead of multiple fields. If you want to average these four fields, I think you could try ([Price_1]+[Price_2]+[Price_3]+[Price_4])/4.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:41 AM

All replies

• Hi JCall,

For using average function in Access 2016 web app, you need to use Avg Function (Access custom web app).

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, June 27, 2016 3:31 AM
  • It's very much not working as stated in the link provided. Maybe it's what I'm trying to Average - 4 different produce prices that come from 4 different fields within the table.

When building the Avg calculation in as a Calculated table value an error is thrown when trying to Average all 4 prices:'The expression you entered has a function containing the wrong number of arguments.'

When building the Avg calculation in as a Calculated table value an error is thrown when trying to Average only 1 price (as a test): 'The expression Avg([Price 1]) cannot be used in a calculated column.'

When building the Avg calculation within the form itself as a Control Source, for both Averaging 4 and 1 field, the calculation literally vanishes from the Control Source field as well as the Default Value field after Save.

In the end, I've entered the Avg function as such
    AVG([Price_1],[Price_2],{Price_3],[Price_4])
    in every area that I can and cannot get it to calculate.

Can anyone verify this function works with Access 2016 web app?

Thanks

Monday, June 27, 2016 5:51 AM
  • Hi JCall,

>> AVG([Price_1],[Price_2],{Price_3],[Price_4])

Avg function is used to average over multiple rows instead of multiple fields. If you want to average these four fields, I think you could try ([Price_1]+[Price_2]+[Price_3]+[Price_4])/4.

Best Regards,

Edward

Tuesday, June 28, 2016 7:41 AM