none
Unable to add existing project (ClientLibrary.csproj) to the solution I build RRS feed

• Question

• In the face API, when I add the "ClientLibrary.csproj" to the solution or open the ClientLibrary.csproj directly, there always comes out an error: Unable to open the project file "ClientLibrary". The framework of this project is not installed or  as part of the framework of future updates included for visual studio.

I am using visual studio 2013, windows 8.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Moved by Asha99 Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:37 AM
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 6:12 AM

Answers

• Hi glinhao,

This forum is discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. I am afraid this issue is out of our support scope.

Additionally, please open up the .csproj file for your solution in wordpad or some text editor. Look for the TargetFrameworkVersion.

Here is my .csproj

<TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>

Please make sure both of your project have the same .Net Framework. And make sure the .Net Framework installed in your machine.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 24, 2015 8:45 AM

All replies

• Hello,

What is the target framework for your project ?

If it's .Net 3.5 or less, it's normal because these framework are not installed by default with windows 8.

regards

Cedric

Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:07 AM
  • If you don't know the framework of your API, open the csproj file and find the tag TargetFrameworkVersion.

Regards

Cedric

Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:09 AM
  • Thanks for your answer,

the target framework is .Net 4.5.

Its OS requirements "Windows 8 or higher, Windows Server 2012 or 
    higher", does that matter?
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:39 AM
  • Do you have some references on 3.5 into your project (<RequiredTargetFramework>3.5</RequiredTargetFramework> in your csproj file) ?
    Thursday, July 23, 2015 7:59 AM
  • Hi glinhao,

This forum is discuss and ask questions about .NET Framework Base Classes (BCL) such as Collections, I/O, Regigistry, Globalization, Reflection. I am afraid this issue is out of our support scope.

Additionally, please open up the .csproj file for your solution in wordpad or some text editor. Look for the TargetFrameworkVersion.

Here is my .csproj

<TargetFrameworkVersion>v4.5.1</TargetFrameworkVersion>

Please make sure both of your project have the same .Net Framework. And make sure the .Net Framework installed in your machine.

Best regards,

Kristin

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 24, 2015 8:45 AM