Why I can't buy Expression Web 4 from Mexico RRS feed

• Question

• Actualy we have no choice to buy in any way this software (Microsoft Store, Amazon, ...)
    In all of them appears the message "You can not buy on line from your country..."

We can not buy using Paypal, Visa, Amex or any other purchase method.

Is increidible, is discrimination
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:43 AM

All replies

• ... is probably the result of a tariff or other restriction on the part of the Mexican government, or some other diplomatic or trade issue way beyond the control of Microsoft. Do you really suppose that Microsoft wants to shut out an entire national market, just for giggles?

FWIW, we are not Microsoft here, just users of the product. This is a user-to-user forum, and although we get the occasional rare visit from the Microsoft development side, we seldom ever see Microsoft marketing or merchandising people here. If they did come around, they'd probably tell you the same thing, that they would love to sell into Mexico, but that currency, or trade, or internal governmental restrictions prevent cross-border sales. And so it goes...

Just curious, can you download the trial version?

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 6:56 AM
  • Paladyn: I appreciate your comments!

I can download the trial version. I can buy Windows 7 licenses. I can buy Office 2010 licenses, Norton Software, Sony softare, Steinberg software, iZotope Software, Native Instruments softare, ....

But any version of Microsoft Expressions

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 7:02 AM

• Here's a thought

Visual Web Developer Express is FREE. You can most likely download it in Mexico. It has most of the design features of Expression, plus database capability. If you dont need the database capability, dont use that capability. But if you do anything with databases, you will need VWD anyway.

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Expression Web database tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with FP, Access, Bots and Wizards
    LawOfAllTheLand.org -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET.
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 12:57 PM
  • Grupoly, do you have an existing site with contact information online? I may have a solution for you.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 2:16 PM
  • Yes: www.grupojyt.com

Thank's fot your comments
    Tuesday, January 4, 2011 4:23 PM