Xamarin cross platform - Mac issue RRS feed

• Question

• User317950 posted

If this is in the wrong section, please move it to the correct one. Thanks.

I have a Xamarin.Forms cross platform application that I have been working on for some time. It is tested and working on both UWP and Android platforms as I am using a Windows machine. I now need to test the iOS application somehow. I have a borrowed MacBook Air that I have updated to OS X Sierra and installed Visual Studio for Mac.

I've put both my Windows machine and the MacBook on the same wifi network, however when I open the Mac agent in Visual studio I do not see the Mac connected.

I have enabled remote login on the Mac and tried entering the IP address, but it still does not want to connect.

Another question I have; When I do figure it out and get the Mac connected, does the windows version of Xamarin come with an iOS simulator or will I need to deploy it to a device in order to test the application?

Thanks.

Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:51 PM

Answers

• User180523 posted

Another question I have; When I do figure it out and get the Mac connected, does the windows version of Xamarin come with an iOS simulator or will I need to deploy it to a device in order to test the application?

All building and simulator comes from the mac. There is windows iOS emulator. If you have Visual Studio ENTERPRISE EDITION it can remote that mac emulator to your windows PC. Otherwise it will just open on the mac. You can VNC from Windows to Mac for free. That's a fairly easy way to see and interact with the mac from the WIndows PC.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, June 28, 2017 2:59 PM