none
Visual Studio/SSDT - SQL Schema Compare

Question

• I'm using VS 2012 Pro and I've tried to use the SQL Schema Compare which comes with SSDT. However, I get an error message saying "This version of SQL Server Data Tools is not compatible with the database runtime components installed on this computer." I have SSMS 2012 & 2012 SQL Express installed. I've also installed SSDT for 2012 & as the message window recommends, I've installed SSDT 2015... In trying to work through this, I've uninstalled SSDT 2015... still get the message. I've tried to "reinstall' SSDT 2012, but since everything is already installed... it won't let me 're-install' any of its components... Nor even remove any of the components. The only thing it would let me do is to 'add' a new instance of SQL...

My project leader is getting the exact same message on his as well.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can solve this?

Rick

Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Rick,

The SQL Server Data Tool should have a update, you could download it here for your VS2012:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/jj650015

I test it in my VS2012, it works well:)

Best Regards,

JK

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Saturday, November 19, 2016 10:59 AM
  • Hi Rick,

Could you get useful information from my reply? If it is helpful for you, please mark it as the answer, if not, share me the latest information in your side.

Sincerely,

Jack

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 12:46 PM