none
HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error When I try to browse .svc file for a WCF application hosted in IIS RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I am new to WCF and have created a basic Hello Service application using WCF. I hosted it in IIS, then from the content view I tried to browse .svc file. But I am getting "HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error".

Config Error    Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions.
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 3:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Kdedhia,

According to this case, as far as I know, this issue is related to the IIS permission.

In my opinion, you can change the Identity from ApplicationPoolIdentity to LocalSystem with

application pool which host your web site.

Also, you can run the WCF service in visual studio directly, in this way the WCF Service will be

hosted in the IIS express, if it’s running successfully, that means your WCF service is correct.

And this issue is related to the IIS when you hosted the WCF service to IIS.

Here are some similar issue’s links, may be you can refer.

1. Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions

2. Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions HTTP Error 500.19

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Wanjun Dong

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:44 AM

All replies

• Well, what are the file permission on the Web.config in the virtual directory?
    Sunday, January 24, 2016 9:02 PM
  • Hi Kdedhia,

According to this case, as far as I know, this issue is related to the IIS permission.

In my opinion, you can change the Identity from ApplicationPoolIdentity to LocalSystem with

application pool which host your web site.

Also, you can run the WCF service in visual studio directly, in this way the WCF Service will be

hosted in the IIS express, if it’s running successfully, that means your WCF service is correct.

And this issue is related to the IIS when you hosted the WCF service to IIS.

Here are some similar issue’s links, may be you can refer.

1. Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions

2. Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions HTTP Error 500.19

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Wanjun Dong

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 6:44 AM