none
Automating the reports? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

When we are asked to automate the reports in Excel, are we expected to write VBA code? Can't we automate the reports in Microsoft Excel with macros?

Regards,

CloudsInSky

CloudsInSky

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 4:12 AM

Answers

• I think it is more related with what they want to achieve by macros.

I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close current thread.

If you have any further question about using macro to automate report, please feel free to post in this forum.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by cloudsInSky Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:38 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:25 AM

All replies

• VBA is the macro language in Excel, so you are indeed expected to use VBA to automate Excel.

(Yes, there is an antiquated feature called macro sheets, but I would strongly recommend against using it; it was replaced with VBA 25 years ago, in 1993)

Regards, Hans Vogelaar (http://www.eileenslounge.com)

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 9:35 AM
  • Hi cloudsInSky,

In general, we could automate the reports in Excel by VBA.

What issue did you get by automating the reports?

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 1, 2018 3:06 AM
  • Hans and Tao,

Thanks for responses.

I have not run into any issues because I have not started automating any reports, I just wanted to know if Macros in Excel have the capability of automating reports by themselves.

It is a requirement for a project. They ask for automation of reports and they asked if I know macros. I don't know why they are asking such a thing because macros by themselves can't be enough for automating reports. I don't know what to tell them.

Thanks,

CloudsInSky

CloudsInSky

Thursday, March 1, 2018 3:47 AM
  • I think it is more related with what they want to achieve by macros.

I would suggest you mark the helpful reply as answer to close current thread.

If you have any further question about using macro to automate report, please feel free to post in this forum.

Best Regards,

Tao Zhou

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by cloudsInSky Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:38 AM
    Thursday, March 1, 2018 4:25 AM