Is there any demo for speech recognition?

Question

• Hi

Is there any speech recognition demo on Win8 platform?  Thanks a lot!

Long for your kind reply.

Monday, December 12, 2011 1:59 AM

Answers

• Hello vivian2012,

Go to start page. Click on Control Panel. Click on Speech Recognition.
    There is a Speech Tutorial that will help to walk you thru using the commands.

Hope this answers your question, if not let us know your specific details.
    Marilyn
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:19 AM

All replies

• Hello vivian2012,

Go to start page. Click on Control Panel. Click on Speech Recognition.
    There is a Speech Tutorial that will help to walk you thru using the commands.

Hope this answers your question, if not let us know your specific details.
    Marilyn
    Monday, December 12, 2011 3:19 AM
  • Hi Marilyn:

Thanks so much!

By the way how could we use SAPI for development? For example, if we want the application could get speech recognition result, how should we do? It's welcome if there is one C# or other language demo for us to learn how to use SAPI.

Monday, December 12, 2011 5:29 AM
  • I was going to ask the same question about speech recognition.

I had a look in control panel on the start page and it was not there, so I decided to just type speech on while on the start page and speech recognition came up in the search. I've been trying it but I need to get a mic the one built into my computer is not very good.

Monday, December 12, 2011 7:08 AM
  • I've been trying it but I need to get a mic the one built into my computer is not very good. 

Apparently it doesn't like anything but headsets.

---

Monday, December 12, 2011 3:41 PM
  • I got new headset today and I've been trying out the Speech Recognition.

I've found you can launch all the Metro Apps even just saying desktop and you go straight to the desktop same goes for start when you are on the desktop.

With the speech recognition I launch the Metro Apps quicker than using touch, I have a 24" wide screen.  

Very impressed with it at the moment this is the first time I've tried using speech recognition on any computer.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:41 PM