Change wallpaper on wm 6.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I developed an application that changes the background of the phone, but does not work correctly.
    I do not understand why not work :(

this is a extract code :

// Update registry
        Registry.SetValue(@"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Today", "WallFile", StrFile);

// Send message to refresh today screen
         SendMessage((IntPtr)HWND_BROADCAST, WM_WININICHANGE, 0xF2, 0);

but the wallpaper not change.

Friday, December 18, 2009 2:25 PM

Answers

• Simply try to rename the required wallpaper to stwater_<width>_<height>.png, copy a the file (can be png, gif, jpg or bmp) into \Windows directory, and then use SendMessage.

This should work for every WM version (even WM 2003).

Example file for QVGA device can be like this:

stwater_240_320.png

if You want to have different image for landscape add another one with different size:

stwater_320_240.png

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting.

I'm on MSDN just like MD House in the clinic. But I'm also a human which sometimes needs to see another doctor :)
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:56 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 10:12 PM
  • Please see this thread:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesnative/thread/6bb27f46-7232-4322-9236-37b555c0369e 
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, January 8, 2010 5:20 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 5:20 AM

All replies

• Simply try to rename the required wallpaper to stwater_<width>_<height>.png, copy a the file (can be png, gif, jpg or bmp) into \Windows directory, and then use SendMessage.

This should work for every WM version (even WM 2003).

Example file for QVGA device can be like this:

stwater_240_320.png

if You want to have different image for landscape add another one with different size:

stwater_320_240.png

If You'll find my answer satisfactory or helpful - mark it as answered or vote for it! Thank You.
    If You think You know better then me, why is Your code not working, then don't waste my time at this forum. Otherwise - do as I'm suggesting.

I'm on MSDN just like MD House in the clinic. But I'm also a human which sometimes needs to see another doctor :)
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Thursday, December 24, 2009 2:56 AM
    Friday, December 18, 2009 10:12 PM
  • Please see this thread:
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vssmartdevicesnative/thread/6bb27f46-7232-4322-9236-37b555c0369e 
    Please mark the post that helps you, and unmark that does not. This benefits our community.
    • Marked as answer by warrentang Friday, January 8, 2010 5:20 AM
    Friday, January 8, 2010 5:20 AM