none
Adding a type 1 font to a small WES7 image RRS feed

• Question

• Hi i have an embedded image running a third party app. This app uses a font which is not part of the WES7 feature pack. I have the type 1 font file and the associated .PFB file

How do i add it to the image (either as part of the answer file (preferable) or during the first run (manually).

If i add the file to the fonts folder on the deployed image, the fonts folder does not recognise it as a font (does not show up as available). Note, the image i have starts the command shell, not explorer. I do not have a fonts option in the Control Panel. 

In the image i have the en-US language pack and the Western Fonts feature pack.

I have limited disk space so would like to avoid adding feature packs that add MB to the image size. I am happy editing the registry. The registry shows the default fonts as .ttf

Many thanks.
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 2:38 PM

All replies

• Update...

I have added the fonts to the DS and they have appeared in the installed image, in the fonts folder, but they are still not recognised by the system.

The font files are .pfm (and assoc .pfb) and .afm.

Is there a command or registry edit to get WES7 to recognise these file types.

Alternatively, what part of the feature pack do i need to add to the image to get the Fonts folder to appear as the Fonts folder on Win7 (and appear i the Control Panel), rather than just another folder, as it is on this image? I have searched the ICE help, but seem to have missed it.

b

Thursday, October 14, 2010 9:56 PM
  • Yes I would like to know too.  How do you get Fonts to show up in the Control Panel.
    Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:44 AM
  • For TrueType fonts the fonts can be added to the list via registry key:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Fonts]

"fontname (TrueType)"="filename.ttf"

Article on adding fonts:

http://www.annabooks.com/Articles/Articles_WES7/PreAdd%20TrueType%20fonts%20to%20WES7_v1.1.pdf

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:30 PM
  • Thanks, but, how do you get fonts to show up in the CONTROL PANEL.  Is there some files I can borrow from Windows 7 Ultimate?
    Friday, August 23, 2013 4:16 AM