unable to start new project in Blend RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Visual Studio 2012 Preview (with Blend) and am running it on Windows 7.  When I open Blend and go to new project and dialog box pops up called "New Project" however the box on the left and the box on the top right have nothing it.  If I type something into "Name" I cannot press the OK.

Ryan

Friday, June 22, 2012 1:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Ryan,

I think that happens because the version of Blend, which comes with Visual Studio, only have Windows 8 templates (which are not working on Windows 7).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:59 PM

All replies

• Hi Ryan,

I think that happens because the version of Blend, which comes with Visual Studio, only have Windows 8 templates (which are not working on Windows 7).

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012 6:59 PM
  • Has your question been answered? If so, please mark the post as answer so other community members with a similar question can find help faster.

Monday, July 2, 2012 11:47 PM
  • Hi Mark, Thank you for your help. I could never get it to work and that is probably why. It would be nice if there was a warning when installing it, or opening it, that it does not support windows 7 yet. I much appreciate the help. Sorry for the late reply. I could not find where i asked the question at until now.

Ryan

Friday, July 20, 2012 4:16 AM