none
Is there a way to enumerate HID-I2C devices from a user application? RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing HID-I2C compliant device on windows 8. The device is connected over I2C interface 
    but there is no interrupt line from our I2C device to the x86 Machine.

Is there a way i can still enumerate my HID-I2C device ?

From the msdn website i came to know that for HID-I2C enumeration the HID-I2C class driver reads the 
    Device information from ACPI table.

Is there a way to re-enumerate HID-I2C devices from a user application ?
    Friday, May 10, 2013 10:01 AM

Answers

• You want to kick off an install? Or create the device? For the altter, devcon install ... Will install a stack, BUT without the right acpi plumbing, that won't do you much good. Fix your HW and bios to conform to the requirements

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:29 PM

All replies

• You want to kick off an install? Or create the device? For the altter, devcon install ... Will install a stack, BUT without the right acpi plumbing, that won't do you much good. Fix your HW and bios to conform to the requirements

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, May 10, 2013 2:29 PM
  • Hi Doron,

Thanks for your reply !!!!

We are using HID class driver API provided by WDK 8.0 to interact with the i2c device but the problem was, how does HID-I2C device gets enumerated  and system can see the device as HID compliant.

We found that we have to add device configuration in BIOS ACPI table. We got a template for HID-I2C device entry for BIOS from the msdn hid i2c specification document. But we don't understand on how to add this information to BIOS.

Can you please provide some references on how to add device configuration information to BIOS ACPI tables.

Thanks In Advance

Suresh Vaishnav

Saturday, May 11, 2013 8:30 AM
  • That is the reference. Talk to the odm or OEM on how to get the entry present since they will be the one shipping the bios that way (you cannot change the bios aftermarket)

Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:33 PM