none
Namespace "Microsoft.Data.Odbc" missing under Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I changed to Windows 10 and now in my visual studio (2010 and 2015) the namespace "Microsoft.Data.Odbc" is missing.

It seems, that the .NET framework of Windows 10 did not support the namespace "Microsoft.Data.Odbc"  (or "system.Data.Odbc" )

ODBC itself works well: I can access all databases from Excel with ODBC

Did anyone know how to download the namespace separately?

(I did't find anything with google/bing search)

Thanks
    Frank

Friday, October 20, 2017 7:28 PM

All replies

• Did you try "System.Data.Odbc" instead? (C# is case sensitive)
    Monday, October 23, 2017 3:19 AM
    Answerer
  • my fault:

old code was:

Imports Microsoft.Data.Odbc

I have to change ist to

Imports System.Data.Odbc

thanx

• Edited by Frank__L Monday, October 23, 2017 6:46 AM
    Monday, October 23, 2017 6:24 AM
  • Hi Frank_L,

Thank you for posting here.

>>the namespace "Microsoft.Data.Odbc" is missing.

What does the namespace is missing? Do you mean you could not add reference for it?? In my side, it works well.

>>Did anyone know how to download the namespace separately?

What does the download the namespace separately? Doe you mean you want t download the System.Data dll separately?

Best Regards,

Wendy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 23, 2017 6:30 AM
  • Hi Frank,

Seems that you have your problem solved.

Please kindly mark the reply that helps you as answer, this will benefit other community members with same or similar problem.

Thanks a lot,

Charles He

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 3, 2017 10:12 AM