WFF future RRS feed

• Question

• User-1303536003 posted

Hello,

I have been asked by my Employer to consider using WFF, I have read the material on installing and

configuring WFF but I have also found some information which states that Microsoft has abandoned

WFF for IIS8 and windows server 2012. On the other hand I have found manual on IIS website about installing

WFF 2.2 ON WINDOWS SERVER 2012 and windows server 2012 R2.

I am confused: and my question is

1) Is this True that Microsoft has abandoned  WFF for future use with IIS8 and Windows server 2012?

2) If this is True? what about people who have been using WFF on IIS7 on Windows Server 2008 or IIS 7.5 ON WINDOWS SERVER 2008 R2? Will they ever be able to upgrade to 2012 servers or they stuck with IIS7 AND 2008 SERVERS.

3) What is an alternate to WFF?

Regards,

Fahad

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 6:01 AM

All replies

• User690216013 posted

Windows Azure Pack is an obvious thing you can migrate to,

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/products/windows-azure-pack/ 

Thursday, July 31, 2014 1:05 AM
  • User1799491159 posted

I would be very curious about this as well, considering we're migrating our ARR servers to 2012 R2 at the moment, and it's been a hell of a learning curve as what will and won't work on the new OS. It seems that Web Farm Framework 1.1 occasionally has a problem where within the INETMGR interface, it doesn't update the application to load the relevant module to display Server Farms at all within the interface, thus it appears that you've not got the Web Farm software installed as part of the ARR suite.

I found that installing WFF 2.2 got around this in a nicer way, but this was not that easy to get sorted out, plus had to install older versions of software to get around the annoying prerequisites, and now it's there it appeared I actually had to recreate all the web farms as well in order for errors within the interface showing up after the install to go away and for things to reset correctly.

Because of these, I would want to know from Microsoft if they were to continue with supporting this (as would others on this very forum it appears as well) as if not, that will pose a problem for us using ARR as our proxy solution going forward.

Monday, August 11, 2014 7:10 AM