none
BizTalk Hosts on MQ machine? RRS feed

• Question

• On the MQ windows machine, I see a dllhost.exe running under our BizTalk userid. 
    Is there an service associated with that dllhost.exe that I can start and stop?
    In the past, we have taken down MQ to clear up some issues between BizTalk and MQ.
    Now I'm thinking I can just restart that service.  I looked in Admin-Tools/Services,  but I didn't see anything that would obviously be that service name. Is there one? What is the service name?

Thanks,

Neal Walters

Friday, July 13, 2012 7:13 PM

All replies

• COM+ System Application --> Right click on it -> General tab
    You could see path to executable "C:\Windows\system32\dllhost.exe /Processid"

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Friday, July 13, 2012 7:27 PM
  • Below is what I see in Component Services. Looks MQSAgent2 is the Com App then for BizTalk, because program names are like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010\Bins32\MQSAgent.dll.  But I didn't see any dllhost.exe there.

How can I restart the BizTalk processes from here without rebooting the whole machine? 

Thanks,

Neal

Friday, July 13, 2012 8:17 PM
  • Here's one reason I want to clear it (thread on IBM MQ forum) regarding "uncommited Put/Get Requests outstanding".
    BizTalk is the only tool we use to process MQ, other than MQ Explorer itsefl.

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=441347&tstart=0

Neal

Friday, July 13, 2012 9:31 PM
  • I think Process Explorer v15.21 might help you to figure out which dllhost.exe belongs to which com+ application.

You could do “three fingered salute” (Ctrl-Alt-Del) the process using WMI script.

http://kentweare.blogspot.in/2009/06/clustering-mq-series-and-biztalk.html

Thanks, Raja MCTS BizTalk Server 2010, MCC If this answers your question please mark it accordingly

Saturday, July 14, 2012 6:36 PM