none
excel c# Addin issue with excel 2013_ RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am working on a custom Excel Addin which works  with office 2010 but run into issues with excel 2013. Essentially we open an existing excel sheet with a pivot table on it,on click of  a ribbon button from addin. After opening the pivot, addin sets the data connection for the pivot.

While opening with office 2013(win 7/win 8), the Addin loads properly but on click of ribbon button to open excel with pivot table , excel hangs. I am not able to click on any pivot table options or not even close it.

Same use case works fine on excel 2010.We have developed addin with vs2010 vsto in dot net framework 4.0. (data fields have been omitted from below snapshot )

One observation is that if I  move to another excel sheet and work on it for some time and close it and come back again on this sheet. The panes explained the picture starts working again.

Please suggest.

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:24 PM

Answers

• Hi Rahul,

>> One observation is that if I move to another excel sheet and work on it for some time and close it and come back again on this sheet. The panes explained the picture starts working again.>>

From the description, I suspect this issue may be relate to the Excel performance since the issue will disappear after some time. I suggest you installing this add-in to other computer which install Office 2013 to see whether this issue could be reproduced.

If this issue still exist, I suggest you comment the some part of code to narrow down this issue to detect which line of code cause this issue.

If this issue doesn’t exist in other computer, I suggest you trying to repair and update the Office to see whether this issue is resolved.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 2:50 AM