Finding IP Address of my PC RRS feed

• Question

• User1597217033 posted

Hi frnds recently i have created a website (its my academical activity).

1. So my mentor asked me to store the site  in one system and open it from other

under  LAN Connection. Is that possible deploying with trial version of VS

2. Other is how to find out my PCs IP Address so that i can call my site from other system

using Number Addressing (IP Address)

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 12:40 PM

Answers

• User-1853252149 posted

1)  No.  The development web server in VS, any version, can't serve pages to other systems.  You need to insytall and configure IIS to do this.  See www.iis.net for help, same login as here.

2)  At a command prompt type "ipconfig" and hit enter.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:02 PM

All replies

• User-1853252149 posted

1)  No.  The development web server in VS, any version, can't serve pages to other systems.  You need to insytall and configure IIS to do this.  See www.iis.net for help, same login as here.

2)  At a command prompt type "ipconfig" and hit enter.

Jeff

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, March 23, 2010 4:02 PM
  • User1597217033 posted

Hi jeff  thanks for t reply

I already had IIS installed in my system.

How can i deploy my project i.e the site ..  so that i can open it in under

LAN Connection from other system

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:20 AM
  • User-1458554682 posted

Hi Ravi, since you already have your IIS installed, its quite simple for you to deploy your solution. You can either do it in debug or build mode. I guess since you are going to do it only for academic purpose, debug mode is fine. Just create a virtual directory in your IIS pointing to the folder with the config file and try accessing your site from any other machine. Make sure you give the proper access for your site in the virtual directory.

If you have any specific issues after doing it, just reply and i will help you to fix it!! All the best!! :)

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 12:27 AM