How to import an existing solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm currently trying to see how solutions, and business applications work, but I've got an issue when uploading.

I've got the following error message : "The solution you are trying to add is designed for a different language or country/region than your account".

In my profile, my location was France, so I change it to US because the olp was an english-US one download here

But in my Business informations the field Country/Regiopn is set as England and I can't change it (this field was set by default)

So i just want to know how could I do to install those solutions in order to continue my search on this new platform.

Thank you
    Tuesday, June 3, 2008 1:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Loic,

From my experience, the solution you wish to install must correspond to your language version of Office Live. When the developer/solution builder creates the solution package, they can select the language to use. If they had selected English (US), then your OLSB account must be created as a US account in order to install it. That has been my experience as a solutions developer.

Hope this helps!
    Royster
    http://softprizm.com

• Proposed as answer by royster_live Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Loïc Rouchon Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Loic,

From my experience, the solution you wish to install must correspond to your language version of Office Live. When the developer/solution builder creates the solution package, they can select the language to use. If they had selected English (US), then your OLSB account must be created as a US account in order to install it. That has been my experience as a solutions developer.

Hope this helps!
    Royster
    http://softprizm.com

• Proposed as answer by royster_live Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:53 AM
    • Marked as answer by Loïc Rouchon Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:07 AM
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:53 AM
  • Thanks for those informations.

But I found this a little bit strange because there won't be a lot of difference between a UK or an US account (I think)

I going to create a new account to try this, but it seems you're right.

Thanks for help
    Wednesday, June 4, 2008 7:07 AM