none
Porting .net Framework to .net core Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query RRS feed

• Question

• I am porting a project from .net framework to .net core. For that I created a new .net core (2.2.0) and adding files. In the .net framework I have using Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query library and I could not find it in .net core. I am new to .net framework and .net core.

I want to know what would be the possible option to implement this in .netcore. Further it would be nice if i can get useful link for porting project to .netcore I saw Microsoft articles but they are very much abstract and its hard to go through them as a beginner. 

Thursday, April 18, 2019 8:28 AM

All replies

• Unfortunately, all packages for Microsoft Dynamic CRM on NuGet either targets .NET v3.5 or v4.5.2. None of these packages supports .NET Core/Standard versions.

Since the Dynamic CRM forum is already archived and cannot post there, try ask at their forum and see if there were any plan to release packages usable by .NET Core versions.

P.S.: From the search results of the sites it doesn't look good either. The Microsoft.CrmSdk.CoreAssemblies DLLs are for .NET4.6.2 only and not usable by .NET Core versions. Other threads have no reply.

If your company owns the product, I'll advise you to contact their sales/support directly and see if there are plans for .NET Core usable SDK releases. If not, you should switch back the project from .NET Core to full .NET framework.

Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:41 AM
    Answerer
  • Yes thats the problem. What exactly you mean by this .NET Core usable SDK releases ?

Thanks

Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:33 AM
  • If your project targets .NET Core versions, than package it reference must also be targeting lower version of ".NET Core" or "corresponding lower version" of ".NET Standard".

If that package targets full version of .NET framework, it would not be usable by your project.

P.S.: Some people somehow found a way to let Visual Studio add those package and allow them run with the .NET Core applications (Possibly by directly editing the project files). However this relies on the order of package loading. If you add other package that targets .NET Core later and cause the .NET Core version of runtime be loaded before the full version, your application will break because when it loads the library targeting full version of .NET framework, it'll find the classes it's expecting not exists, and therefore throwing out ClassNotFoundException.
    Sunday, April 21, 2019 7:39 AM
    Answerer