PresentationFramework.zune assembly not found exception RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to run any of my WPF apps from within visual studio while the zune desktop theme is active I get a FileNotFoundException stating that the assembly PresentationFramework.zune, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35 could not be found. Where do I get that assembly from? I suppose that's where the styles for the zune theme would reside? But by the time .NET 3.0 went RTM there was no zune theme on the radar yet. How come WPF is looking for a (signed) assembly that it couldn't know that it will exist? It even knows what key token it should have. How does the WPF runtime identify the assembly that belongs to a certain desktop theme?

Monday, April 2, 2007 2:53 PM

Answers

• currently we do not support the zune theme...

you could try the following to avoid the error

<Window.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary Source="/PresentationFramework.Aero, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, 
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=MSIL;component/themes/aero.normalcolor.xaml
    " />
    </Window.Resources> 
    Monday, April 2, 2007 4:14 PM
  • Currently, there is no PresentationFramework.Zune. As you indicated, there was no Zune theme when WPF was released.

At some point in starting your application, a control from PresentationFramework needed its style, which comes from WPF theme assemblies (just normal .NET assemblies). Because there can be many themes and it is possible that we might ship theme assemblies for new themes, such as Zune, the name of the assembly is dynamically formed using the original assembly's strong name (version, public key, etc.) and the current system theme name. Any new theme assemblies would be signed with the same version and key as the original PresentationFramework.dll.

In your case, Zune is the name of the system theme, which is why we look for PresentationFramework.Zune. The other strong name information comes from the original PresentationFramework.dll. We get the FileNotFoundException and proceed to load Classic, the fallback theme when a theme specific resource dictionary would normally be loaded but failed.

Ben

Monday, April 2, 2007 8:39 PM

All replies

• currently we do not support the zune theme...

you could try the following to avoid the error

<Window.Resources>
        <ResourceDictionary Source="/PresentationFramework.Aero, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, 
    PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, ProcessorArchitecture=MSIL;component/themes/aero.normalcolor.xaml
    " />
    </Window.Resources> 
    Monday, April 2, 2007 4:14 PM
  • Currently, there is no PresentationFramework.Zune. As you indicated, there was no Zune theme when WPF was released.

At some point in starting your application, a control from PresentationFramework needed its style, which comes from WPF theme assemblies (just normal .NET assemblies). Because there can be many themes and it is possible that we might ship theme assemblies for new themes, such as Zune, the name of the assembly is dynamically formed using the original assembly's strong name (version, public key, etc.) and the current system theme name. Any new theme assemblies would be signed with the same version and key as the original PresentationFramework.dll.

In your case, Zune is the name of the system theme, which is why we look for PresentationFramework.Zune. The other strong name information comes from the original PresentationFramework.dll. We get the FileNotFoundException and proceed to load Classic, the fallback theme when a theme specific resource dictionary would normally be loaded but failed.

Ben

Monday, April 2, 2007 8:39 PM