none
PIA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,
       I am Referencing the Microsoft.office.interop.excel in my project, so when creating the setup and installing the project Iam getting three dll in my project installation folder
    1.Microsoft.office.interop.excel.dll
    2.Microsoft.vdbe.interop.dll
    3.Office.dl

but i dont' want these dll's in myproject installation folder , instead of that I would like to do with PIA
    But i don't know what to do with PIA and how to use it...
    Will PIA give the result for my requirement....

Please do nedful!

Regards,
    Jayakumar Natarajan

Regards,
    Jayakumar Natarjan
    Click Here :Blog
    Friday, June 19, 2009 2:07 PM

Answers

• I believe you are referring to "primary interop assembly" (PIA). The interop files you mentioned in your posting are your PIA files.

Hope this helps.
    www.insteptech.com
    We are volunteers and ask only that if we are able to help you, that you mark our reply as your answer. THANKS!
    • Marked as answer by Figo Fei Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:25 AM
    Friday, June 19, 2009 11:08 PM
  • Or you can include Primary Interop Assemblies for the 2007 Microsoft Office system in the setup.
    It copies the PIAs into the GAC, and also installs binding redirects.  The binding redirects ensure that the latest version of the PIAs on the computer are always loaded.  This is how a solution developed for Microsoft Office 2003 still works on the 2007 Microsoft Office system.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com
    Monday, June 22, 2009 2:41 AM

All replies

• I believe you are referring to "primary interop assembly" (PIA). The interop files you mentioned in your posting are your PIA files.

Hope this helps.
    www.insteptech.com
    We are volunteers and ask only that if we are able to help you, that you mark our reply as your answer. THANKS!
    Friday, June 19, 2009 11:08 PM
  • Or you can include Primary Interop Assemblies for the 2007 Microsoft Office system in the setup.
    It copies the PIAs into the GAC, and also installs binding redirects.  The binding redirects ensure that the latest version of the PIAs on the computer are always loaded.  This is how a solution developed for Microsoft Office 2003 still works on the 2007 Microsoft Office system.

Thanks.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com
    Monday, June 22, 2009 2:41 AM