Storage Access Keys RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to use the Azure Web Storage Explorer and it wants:

Your storage account name and access key can be found in Azure storage service dashboard. The field 'Account' corresponds to your 'Storage Account Name', and the 'Key' corresponds to the 'Primary Access Key'.

I do not find any of that information on my Azure Portal.

Where can I find this information?

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:22 PM

All replies

• Follow the steps below to view the storage access keys for an Azure Blob storage account:

• Sign in to the Azure dashboard.
    • In the navigation pane, click on All Resources.
    • Choose the desired storage account.
    • Click on the Key icon to view the access keys for the storage account. Note: Each storage account has two storage access keys.
    • To copy a storage access key, click on the Copy icon next to the key you want to copy.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 8:56 PM
  • I do not see Access keys for the SSD disk that my Azure VM uses.

How can I transfer files directly from my Azure Storage to the SSD disk that my VM uses?

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:06 PM
  • Is your SSD managed or unmanaged? 

- Vaibhav Gujral

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:22 PM
  • I do not know if the SSD is managed or unmanaged.

How can I tell?

How can I change it?

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:25 PM
  • You can convert unmanaged disks to managed - but not managed to unmanaged.

As far as finding out which one you are using, refer to https://stackoverflow.com/questions/43418208/how-to-find-if-a-virtual-machine-is-using-managed-unmanaged-disks-in-azure/43420818

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 10:51 PM
  • The Automation Script says:

"managedDisk": {
    "id": "[parameters('virtualMachines_AF_id')]"

}

So how do I use Azure Web Storage Explorer to access it?

THANKS.

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:58 PM
  • Hi Don,

There is no straightforward way to identify the storage account in this case.

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? In other words, what is the reason you want to access the storage account from the Web Storage Explorer?

hth
    Marcin

Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:58 AM
  • For now, it is not possible to view managed disk. Vhds on Portal or Microsoft Azure Storage Explorer or azure storage web explorer.

Managed disk is different from unmanaged disk, managed disks are stored in a Microsoft managed storage account. For now, you cannot view it. You could copy managed disks to your private storage account and convert managed to unmanaged. Then you can have azure storage account vhd access keys to access unmanaged disk using azure storage web explorer.

For more information, Suggest you to refer the following link for converting managed disk to unmanaged disk. See if this helps.

Disclaimer: This response contains a reference to a third-party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

• Proposed as answer by YASWANTH MADI Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:13 PM
    Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:13 PM
  • Hello.

All I am trying to do is to find an Easy way to move files onto an Azure VM SSD drive.

I think that using file URLs and IE on the VM to save files to the disk one at a time is ridiculous.

Both my Blob storage and the VM SSD disk are storage managed by Azure.
    Why is it not possible to move files from one Azure storage to another directly?

I have some clients that I am trying to move to Azure VMs that are not tech savvy and this method needs to be simple and intuitive.

How can I move files directly from Azure Blob storage to the SSD of an Azure VM?

Thursday, April 19, 2018 12:51 PM
  • Suggest you to refer the following documentation for more understanding on Azure IAAS VM Managed Disks and Unmanaged premium Disks. See if this helps.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 10:13 PM