none
Programmatic Office Form Generation RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very basic question that might have infinite solutions... but I'd like some guidance.  Imagine I have some raw text, integer, and string data (of which I know the exact order and significance of each part);  how might I then take this information to programmatically fill in a given rich, formal, and printable electronic form in Microsoft Word.  Or for that matter, in any Microsoft office product.

Yes, I am experienced with C# and general data I/O.  I guess my question is whether or not some mechanism already exists in .NET or elsewhere that could help me easily accomplish a task like that mentioned above.

Thursday, March 10, 2011 3:47 AM

All replies

• Hi maklaka,

Thanks for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Would you clarify the mean of “fill in a given rich, formal, and printable electronic form in Microsoft Word.”?

Do you want to fill the data in to Word document directly? Or you want to set some content controls in your document and fill data in those controls?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, March 11, 2011 7:34 AM
  • Content controls like checkboxes and labels are what I'm thinking.
    Saturday, March 12, 2011 7:22 AM