Need help drawing polygon/rectangle/graphics onto equirectangular photosphere image RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

It's been a while since I last visited the forums. I am curious to know if anyone here has any experience with modifying the pixel data of a panoramic image. I know you can simply modify the bitmap, since that is essentially all that it is, but I would like to draw a polygon onto the rendered 3d sphere, and have the equirectangular source image modified, which is not as simple as a mere graphics edit. I don't have anywhere to start with source code because I don't have any clue where to start, hoping to run into someone who knows.....

If you look below, Image1 is being rendered as a panoramic image(equirectangular). Image 2 shows the raw panoramic image. You can see how in image one the red line is one contiguous object(roughly because I edited this with ms paint), where as in the raw panoramic image, the line distorted, and since it's on the ceiling, it isn't even connected. I chose the ceiling for this example to outline how editing this as a raw image wasn't really possible. I need to edit this image while it is rendered 3d, and have those edits reflect back to the source image...

Hire Me For This Job!
    Don't forget to vote for Helpful Posts and Mark Answers!
    *This post does not reflect the opinion of Microsoft, or its employees.

• Edited by Paul Ishak Monday, July 6, 2020 7:15 PM
    Monday, July 6, 2020 5:58 PM

All replies

• Hi Paul Ishak,

Thank you for posting here.

Maybe you need some tools to help you do this. Here are two references about drawing 3D polygon:

1. Drawing 3D polygon on unity 3d
    2. OpenGL - Draw non planar 3D polygon consisted of a set of points

Hope the ideas in references could be helpful.

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

Best Regards,

Xingyu Zhao

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 8, 2020 2:30 AM