none
Category permissions are not applying for one project plan. RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

Can any one help me,

Category permissions are not working for one particular project plan in project server 2010.

MY requirement is:

Project managers and portfolio managers should see their own project only they should not see others projects from project center.

for achieving this i have used RBS and Categories , RBS i have given same LEVEL for all Project mangers and portfolio mangers.

All are working Fine except one project plan created by one user its showing in all users project center.

vijay kommireddi

Thursday, July 24, 2014 7:40 AM

Answers

• Hi Ajith,

I have Found  the Fix,

I have unchecked the 4th check box (a resource on the project's Project Team....) then the project is not visible to other PM's in the same department.

The 4th option is if resource is on project team decedent of user via RBS then it should show.

Actually previously the user  is lower  in the RBS to other PM's & no other PM's has been added in the Project plan also, then it should not show in other Pm's proj center right ?

but 2days back  i have modified the user rbs to same RBS Level with other Pm's,

May be the Cache was some where stored that's why still its showing other PM's Project center.

Do you any idea where the RBS cache can be stored so that we can  Cleared like that ?

vijay kommireddi

• Edited by kumar ksv Friday, July 25, 2014 7:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by kumar ksv Monday, July 28, 2014 5:36 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 7:21 AM

All replies

• Hi

you have selected "Project Owner is a descendant of the User via RBS"

Does the user who created the project has a higher level RBS ?

Or has the user added all the users to his Project Team ?

or Any explicit permissions ?

--Hope this helps

Thanks --Ajith

Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:09 PM
  • HI Ajith,

Thank you for the reply,

The Rbs level for both was same ABCD--->PM.

No users are added in the Project Team.

There are no permissions given separately.

Only for one Project i was facing this issue.

vijay kommireddi

Friday, July 25, 2014 3:58 AM
  • Hi Ajith,

I have Found  the Fix,

I have unchecked the 4th check box (a resource on the project's Project Team....) then the project is not visible to other PM's in the same department.

The 4th option is if resource is on project team decedent of user via RBS then it should show.

Actually previously the user  is lower  in the RBS to other PM's & no other PM's has been added in the Project plan also, then it should not show in other Pm's proj center right ?

but 2days back  i have modified the user rbs to same RBS Level with other Pm's,

May be the Cache was some where stored that's why still its showing other PM's Project center.

Do you any idea where the RBS cache can be stored so that we can  Cleared like that ?

vijay kommireddi

• Edited by kumar ksv Friday, July 25, 2014 7:22 AM
    • Marked as answer by kumar ksv Monday, July 28, 2014 5:36 AM
    Friday, July 25, 2014 7:21 AM
  • Hi

Glad to hear that the issue is fixed

There is no RBS cache. once you change the permissions it will be applied immediately

--Hope this helps

Thanks --Ajith

Friday, July 25, 2014 12:34 PM