WebDav application : Internal Server Error 500 Code=0x80070020 RRS feed

• Question

• User177216962 posted
    Hi all, I have got a system which seems to works fine but sometimes i encouter the following error : "ModuleName IIS Web Core Notification 2 HttpStatus 500 HttpReason Internal Server Error HttpSubStatus 0 ErrorCode 2147942432 ConfigExceptionInfo Notification AUTHENTICATE_REQUEST ErrorCode The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process. (0x80070020). " In fact, I have got a first application which only put files into a folder on my IIS defaultwebsite. This app put new files but it also doing refresh of files already present on the server. A another application (using an another ethernet interface) olny doing request on these files. It's cleary possible that we have simultaneous request : the first app request "PUT folder/currentfile.txt" to refresh the file, whereas the second app is doing a GET request on the same file. "GET folder/currentfile.txt" In the webdav seeting i try to modify the default "Require Lock for writing" to TRUE, but in this case i obtain the http error 403 when i try to do PUT requests. I also try to change the defaut port 80 but no change... Is anybody has an idea. how i can avoid this conflict ? I use IIS 7.5.7600.16385 on windows7 enterprise. Thanks in advance Anthony
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 5:16 AM

All replies

• User177216962 posted
    is get and put simultaneous request are forbidden for a file already présent on the server ?
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:08 AM
  • User623541716 posted

Did you ever find a solution for this?  We have the exact same problem performing the same operation.

Sunday, August 18, 2013 5:09 PM
  • User1785220062 posted

Hello Tony,

The error you are experiencing is related to the way Windows works with files. Specifically the error code 0x80070020 translates to ERROR_SHARING_VIOLATION (The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)

One application using Put while the other is using Get can cause an access issue if the file is being actively written to as a file cannot be both written to and read by two different processes at the same time.

To narrow down the source of the issue and investigate further you can use Process Explorer found at the following link which will tell you which process is using the file:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

This will assist to narrow down this issue.

Let me know if you need any further assistance.

Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:33 AM