none
enabling advanced build configurations has no effect

Question

• After a year hiatus, I have returned to my computer to dabble in programming again. I would consider myself between a novice and intermediate level and recognize that i have a lot to learn. I have downloaded Visual Studio Community (2015), started some tutorials and all seems great. But I am at a point in the tutorials where I need to set the solution configurations and solution platforms options in the tool bar, but those drop downs are grayed out. I made sure that I have advanced build configurations checked (it was checked all along). I do not get the configuration manager option in the search bar nor do I have a build configurations in -Build
    Tuesday, May 24, 2016 1:38 AM

Answers

• Hi dkChisum,

Do you mean the following options in following screenshot are grayed out which can't be used?

I find there has two situations which will cause these settings grayed out. One is when I create a blank solution, there doesn't have any project in my solution, it will be grayed out. Another situation is when my project is in debugging.

According to your description, you have checked some settings in project properties -> Build tab. So I think the possible reason for your situation is your project is in debugging. Please check whether your project in debugging or not.

If your project is not in debugging, please tell me what project type do you create and please provide a screenshot to help us understanding your solution construction to check whether this issue related to your project type and solution construction.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 25, 2016 2:31 AM