fast & continuous jpeg image display w/o page reload RRS feed

• Question

• User-1845135705 posted
    I need some help. I want to show images generated from a webcam to be continuously shown on a webpage. This should happen without reloading because page reload is too slow at around 3-10 fps. The camera gives me jpeg images which I handle as a byte[] buffer. I created a object which gives the pictures every nth second via event handler. In the WinForm variant this picture date where passed to a picturebox that updated automaticly. But now I need the same result over an internet connection to be show in a browser window. Does someone know a solution? Is there a possibility to send a stream of pictures instead of sending a single picture in a tag?
    Thursday, March 18, 2004 8:02 AM

All replies

• User1335990741 posted
    You may want to look at using streaming video if you want any faster then then a frame every few seconds. It really depends on the bandwidth you have going to the client. If they are dial up they are not going to be able to down a picture in less then a second, if you got gigabit ethernet then should be able to grab the pictures as you are writing them out. An other option would be to load a base webpage with a javascript that went out and grabbed the latest image and dynamicly place it in the document. I don't work much with javascript but a quick google search brought up a slideshow script that could be stripped down to do what you want http://javascript.internet.com/miscellaneous/image-slideshow.html
    Thursday, March 18, 2004 4:31 PM