none
File REST operations in Office 365 and OneDrive RRS feed

• Question

• I have an existing webapp that would like to add in a capability to talk to OneDrive (for personal and business).  

From playing around some sample code, I only seem to be able to get files from OneDrive for business (organizational account).  I viewed through an introductory course by Jeremy Thake, he mentioned that OneDrive for business was available in the "Preview", and that OneDrive for Personal is in the road map, but now that Office APIs has GA'ed, could someone please confirm that it did or didn't actually make to the GA?  or was it just a bug that I encountered when I tried to authorized/authenticated using my personal account?

Thanks in advance for your reply,
    Ray

Friday, November 28, 2014 11:17 PM

Answers

• Hi Ray,

Based on my understanding, you want to develop with OneDrive for professional.

If I understood correctly, OneDrive for professional, check the link here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn641952.aspx

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Hi Ray,

>> So basically, a button that users can click to pull file information from their OneDrive account, either through their personal account, or an organizational account.<<

It is possible, but currently, OneDrive for professional and OneDrive for Business has different API to develop. So for different type of accounts, you should have the different API to handle.

OneDrive for Professional: Live SDK
    OneDrive for Business: Office 365 API

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:15 AM

All replies

• Hi Ray,

Based on my understanding, you want to develop with OneDrive for professional.

If I understood correctly, OneDrive for professional, check the link here:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn641952.aspx

Regards & Fei

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 6:40 AM
  • Hi Fei,

Thanks for your reply.  Actually, I'd like to enable users of my webapp to be able to handle files from their OneDrive for Personal (with microsoft account) or OneDrive for Business(their organizational account).

So basically, a button that users can click to pull file information from their OneDrive account, either through their personal account, or an organizational account.

Thanks,

Ray

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 7:48 PM
  • Hi Ray,

>> So basically, a button that users can click to pull file information from their OneDrive account, either through their personal account, or an organizational account.<<

It is possible, but currently, OneDrive for professional and OneDrive for Business has different API to develop. So for different type of accounts, you should have the different API to handle.

OneDrive for Professional: Live SDK
    OneDrive for Business: Office 365 API

Regards & Fei

Thursday, December 4, 2014 2:15 AM
  • Thanks for the confirmation.

Cheers,
    Ray

Friday, December 5, 2014 1:05 AM
  • Hi Ray,

I too have the same requirement but small difference.

I want to save the pdf reports in Office 365 OneDrive from my Asp.Net Web Forms Application( Not an MVC Application).Can you help me regarding this...

Regards,

Hanife

Wednesday, May 6, 2015 3:58 PM