Office 2010 professional plus installation issue in Win 8 developer preview.

Question

• Hi,

I am using windows 8 developer preview and trying to install office 2010 professional plus. it starts the process of installation and gives me a bar that says extracting files and after that nothing shows up. No error message or window pops up after that. I have tried different compatibility modes as well but issue remains the same. What can be done for this issue?

Saturday, January 7, 2012 6:56 AM

Answers

All replies

• Did you installed any other program before installing office?

Try update Windows and restart it.

Go to control panel in metro-style and then refresh your PC.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 9:19 AM
  • No i did not install any program before installing office. And tried doing the same but still no go.

Any thing else you can suggest?

manish
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 11:03 AM
  • Hi Manish,

if you have a WDP that's running well, and is updated, having issues of Compatibility with Office10 are quite unlikely. Its probably a bad Office disk, or download. You may also try download & install of a Trial copy of Office10. 

Irfan
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Hí,

I have also a problem with installing  microsoft office 2010 student trial on windows 8 developer preview. I try to install trial of Office10. The installation stopt by step 3 on 20%. The map Temp has all priviliges.

Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:38 PM
  • Hí,

I have also a problem with installing  microsoft office 2010 student trial on windows 8 developer preview. I try to install trial of Office10. The installation stopt by step 3 on 20%. The map Temp has all priviliges.

ik found this answer in form

This is a known issue. Microsoft app compatibility team is aware of it. Any version of Office (trial or retail) which uses Click-To-Run installation method won't install on Windows 8. Alternative is to use a version of Office 2010 that uses standard MSI (Windows Installer) technology.

pirim
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 1:49 PM
  • Hi mpirim,

please read the thread below, it's likely to give a comprehensive answer to your question:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/18c8aced-4711-4163-ad5f-aa3c06281656/

Irfan
    Saturday, January 7, 2012 3:44 PM
  • thanx.
    pirim
    Sunday, January 8, 2012 2:08 PM