none
Why Not Support RRS feed

Answers

• I think this topic is throughly covered by Wiki. You should check it out.

Basically when designing C#, the language specification is written in ways the avoids ambiguity whenever possible. So they ruled out multiple inheritance from consideration.

On the other hand, C# do support multiple base classes (which is well defined). With carefully defined code blocks, I have yet to meet a case where you absolutely need multiple inheritance to get jobs done.

Monday, October 13, 2014 8:33 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• in .Net a class permits other classes to inherit and it also enforces interfaces.
    Monday, October 13, 2014 7:35 AM
  • I think this topic is throughly covered by Wiki. You should check it out.

Basically when designing C#, the language specification is written in ways the avoids ambiguity whenever possible. So they ruled out multiple inheritance from consideration.

On the other hand, C# do support multiple base classes (which is well defined). With carefully defined code blocks, I have yet to meet a case where you absolutely need multiple inheritance to get jobs done.

Monday, October 13, 2014 8:33 AM
    Answerer
  • I think that multiple inheritance, which is probably possible theoretically, would introduce a substantial complexity to memory management (“Garbage Collector”), reducing the performance. Partially it is possible to simulate the multiple inheritance using a member and implicit cast operator.

Monday, October 13, 2014 7:05 PM