Azure Reserved Instances - Registered Subscription RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, does anyone know why it required to register a subscription in order to purchase an RI? I mean why should a register a specific subscription since then I migh choose the scope which is shared or speicifc subription? 
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi, 
    I would like to ask how can we get SKUs of Azure Reserved Instances? We have found on docs.microsoft.com that a susbcription is required to get RI catalog, but we would like to know id there is another way, to get RI SKUs without using a specifc Azure subscriptions. Any help on that? Thanks
    Wednesday, July 25, 2018 9:23 AM
  • You may refer the suggestions outlined in the GitHub issues, which addresses similar issue

The reserved instance purchase is charged to the payment method tied to the subscription.

Azure customers with these subscriptions types can purchase a reserved instance:

• Enterprise agreement subscription offer type (MS-AZR-0017P).
    • Pay-As-You-Go subscription offer type (MS-AZR-003P). You must be in the role “Owner” on the subscription to buy a reserved instance. For purchasing reserved instances in an enterprise enrollment, the enterprise administrator must enable reserved instance purchases in the EA portal. By default, this setting is enabled.
    • Cloud Solution Provider (CSP) partners can use Azure Portal or Partner Center to purchase reserved instances.

For more details, refer “Azure Reserved VM instances” and “Prepay for VMs with Azure Reserved VM instances”.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or “Up-Vote”. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

Wednesday, July 25, 2018 10:15 AM
  • Just Checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, July 27, 2018 7:16 AM