none
System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null error in Labview VI RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to run some VIs in LabView 8.6, and I keep getting the following error:

Error calling method Newport.Communication.CONEXClientLib.Connect of NULL ObjectId, (System.ArgumentNullException: Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key) in name of whatever VI.vi

After searching/talking with LabView and Newport people, I think the error is due to neither the LabView code nor the Newport instrument, but communication with/within the Microsoft .NET framework. I have downloaded Windows updates, so any 2.0 framework updates available have been incorporated. I have found this hotfix: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940345

However, I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to download/get/obtain it (without waiting for the service pack update to come out). I also am not sure if the problem mentioned in that link is exactly the problem I am having.

I would greatly appreciate any input.

Thank you for your help.

Thursday, October 13, 2011 11:15 PM

Answers

• Hi Chirinoss,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

From the update page you provided, it is a new fix. I find this:

To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Customer Support Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:

http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support

Thus, I recommend you try to contact with Microsoft Support which is the best way.

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Thursday, October 20, 2011 3:30 AM
    Monday, October 17, 2011 7:37 AM

All replies