none
mscorsvw.exe - System Error RRS feed

• Question

• A windows keeps come out, it says:

mscorsvw.exe - System Error

Exception Processing Message 0xc0000005 Parameters 0x7ffcca085ae8 0x7ffcca085ae8 0x7ffcca085ae8 0x7ffcca085ae8

Googling mscorsvw.exe seems to be connected with NET Frameworks, but I'm not sure, since most of the resaults tries to sell you their softwares, so I don't know if this is the right place to ask:, but

what should I do to stop this windows to come out?

My System is a Windows 10, updated from a Windows 8.1, if it helps

Friday, October 9, 2015 9:46 AM

Answers

• Well, thanks, but It looks like I've already solved the problem.

I have IObit Unistaller on my pc, and in the Windows Tools page there's a program called Windows Features. With that I checked all the boxes under .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Service and all the ones under .NET Framewrok 3.5 (include .NET 2.0 & 3.0). Apparently, not all the features were running, don't know why or how, but now the mscorsvw.exe - System Error is not popping anymore.

I've also used the tool you have suggested, and the return code was = 0, so, I guess, it's ok now.

Thank you anyway, you've been kind.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 10:25 PM

All replies

• You are correct that mscorsvw.exe is a part of .NET. Specifically, it is part of the .NET Framework optimization service.

The fact that you are seeing error messages from the service may well indicate that there are issues with some system files from your update to Windows 10. Windows 10 includes .NET 4.0 through 4.6 as part of the OS.

I suggest that you start by using the System File Checker Tool:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Saturday, October 10, 2015 12:39 PM
  • Thanks, is actually the first thing I've done, but it didn't find anything wrong
    Monday, October 12, 2015 11:15 PM
  • OK, lets check your .NET Framework specifically.

Use this tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/astebner/archive/2008/10/13/8999004.aspx

Please run the tool with .NET 4.6 selected, then look at the last few lines of the tool log for the test app result.

If you see return code = 0, your .NET is correctly installed and configured.

If the return code is not 0, your .NET is corrupt, and you may need to repair your OS.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 12:54 AM
  • Well, thanks, but It looks like I've already solved the problem.

I have IObit Unistaller on my pc, and in the Windows Tools page there's a program called Windows Features. With that I checked all the boxes under .NET Framework 4.6 Advanced Service and all the ones under .NET Framewrok 3.5 (include .NET 2.0 & 3.0). Apparently, not all the features were running, don't know why or how, but now the mscorsvw.exe - System Error is not popping anymore.

I've also used the tool you have suggested, and the return code was = 0, so, I guess, it's ok now.

Thank you anyway, you've been kind.

Tuesday, October 13, 2015 10:25 PM