Visual Studio doesn't like RadioButton.IsChecked

Question

• I have Xaml with a RadioButton, which has the IsChecked property set, as in the following code:

<RadioButton x:Name="radArcCircleCounterClockwise" Style="{StaticResource SettingsRadioButtonStyle}" GroupName="ArcCircleDirection" Content="Counter Clockwise" IsEnabled="{Binding IsChecked,ElementName=chkFullCircle,Converter={StaticResource BooleanNot}}" IsChecked="True"/>

As you can see, the IsChecked property is about as basic as you can get, just a simple literal True. The code compiles and runs with no problem, but the designer seems to have something against the IsChecked property. The message displayed in the Error List or when I hover over the code is:

Could not find Windows Runtime type 'Windows.UI.Xaml.Data.VisualStateGroup'.

This is very simple code (just a RadioButton with the IsChecked property set), and it compiles like I want and expect, so it is not an urgent problem in my case, but there is obviously something wrong. Any ideas? Thanks

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Monday, March 02, 2015 8:46 PM

All replies

• Hi Nathan,

Simply build a new project to try reproduce your problem using the code, but I cannot see that error, it is ok on my computer. Can you submit a repro project on your OneDrive to show it in detail and then share a link here? 

Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 6:23 AM
  • Hi Nathan,

I think there is no issue in your code,so simply you can try to Clean  Solution and Rebuild solution and check it or  as a Herrow wong said create new project and  try to reproduce your problem using the code.

Don't forget to mark the right answer and vote up if helps you.

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 6:46 AM
  • I know there is no issue in my code, and it is not something I plan on troubling myself over, since it compiles and works as expected. I am simply posting it here to see if anybody else has ever had the same problem or knew how to interpret the error. Part of what is confusing is the fact this it is not always there, it sort of seems to come and go at random, but I just felt I should mention it to see if anybody else had seen it.

Nathan Sokalski njsokalski@hotmail.com http://www.nathansokalski.com/

Tuesday, March 03, 2015 4:18 PM