Recover deleted container RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I need to recover a deleted container, the docs say it could be possible if the container was deleted less than 14 days ago and the account is at least GRS but doesn't say how to do it.

How can I do that?

Thanks

Friday, October 25, 2019 8:34 PM

All replies

• Hi

You cannot recover container whenever it is deleted. (I would suggest creating Locks to avoid such accidental deletions).

However, coming to your issue - You can to restore the blob files if they were deleted but configured Soft Delete option. If it's configured, you can see when you check "Show deleted blobs" there will be an option to undelete in its properties section. 

Below documentation explains the same in detail with the screen shots.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/blobs/storage-blob-soft-delete?tabs=azure-portal#get-started

Hope this is helpful !!

Thank you

If this post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Sunday, October 27, 2019 10:54 AM
  • Note: If it is production data that got deleted, I would highly recommend reaching out to Azure Support immediately. We may be able to recover the data if not too much time has elapsed.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, October 29, 2019 8:58 AM
  •  Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same, which might be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. And, if you have any further query do let us know.
    Wednesday, October 30, 2019 5:03 AM
  • @Alejandro Cardona Is there any update on the issue?

If the suggested answer helped for your issue, do click on "Mark as Answer" and “Vote as Helpful” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 31, 2019 3:20 PM