none
Expression Suite 4 installation failed on new Surface Pro with Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded Expression Studio 4 Web Professional onto my new Surface Pro and the download seemed to work. I then got a message to reboot and run setup to complete the install. Not having a reboot button on the bottom left anymore, I turned off the laptop and turned it back on. When it returned there was no sign of the download. I could find NO setup programs anywhere on the Surface. I could find the download files and when i double clicked on them they repeated the same message about reboot and run Setup. I am going in circles. Help.
    Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:24 PM

All replies

• I have no idea what difference, if any, a power down when a restart was expected would have on the installation process, but, from Microsoft's own site on the subject:

...you’ll occasionally have to restart your PC after you’ve installed a new app or to finish installing updates. Here's how to do it.

To restart your PC

1. Save your work and close any desktop apps you have open.

2. Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Settings.)

3. Tap or click Power, and then tap or click Restart.

That's what you should have done, instead of powering down to "reboot." So, I don't know whether it will help at this point, but the next time you get that message, try restarting instead of powering down, and see if the process continues as designed.

cheers,
    scott

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is common courtesy to recognize those who have helped you, and it also makes it easier for visitors to find the resolution later.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013 8:59 PM