none
control I / O USB as a switch RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Can we detect and control I / O USB as a switch?

The idea is to connect usb lamps (eg 2) and to be able to turn on and off by a small interface.

Thank you for your answers.

absolu

• Edited by absolu Friday, February 15, 2013 10:23 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2013 10:17 AM

Answers

• The easiest way to do this would be to buy an Arduino (or a compatible) and send it commands via the serial port, then have the onboard program interpret the commands to turn on and off the light.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:08 AM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

sorry, but this forum only covers Small Basic (a product from Microsoft targeting Beginners and Kids). I would suggest to look for a better forum for such questions. Maybe you ask inside the "Where is the Forum for ..." forum if you are unable to find a fitting forum on you own.

With kind regards,

Konrad

Friday, February 15, 2013 10:23 AM
  • There is the comm port extension, which may work with a suitable USB to COMM interface adapter.  Apart from that another USB extension would be needed and the I/O can be quite specific and perhaps hard to implement generally.

If you have a USB device that can act as a switch we could help write an extension for it, but it may be a slow process as only you will be able to test it as it is developed.

Friday, February 15, 2013 6:31 PM
  • The easiest way to do this would be to buy an Arduino (or a compatible) and send it commands via the serial port, then have the onboard program interpret the commands to turn on and off the light.

Please mark any answers and "vote as helpful" any posts that help you!

Saturday, February 16, 2013 2:08 AM
    Answerer
  • ok, thank you.

absolu

Saturday, February 16, 2013 7:36 AM