Integrating a windows store app to connect to smb RRS feed

• Question

• Im still new in programming so how can i connect to Windows share (smb) or ftp in my windows store app ,and display all the files available in a network drive?

any relevant  information, links or even samples on how to integrate it would be helpful .

Thanks 

19karabo91

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:44 AM

All replies

• What are you looking to do with these files?  It sounds like you might simply want to use a picker.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 8:46 PM
  • Thanks Matt for the reply ,so if i use pickers will i be able to connect to a remote machine and download files ?

19karabo91

Thursday, November 7, 2013 6:17 AM
  • The pickers won't do FTP, just file access over SMB. 

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, November 8, 2013 2:07 PM
  • Thanks Matt ,is there any working smb/cifs client library that i can look at just to get the understanding of how smb works and maybe i can wrap it or fock the code to work on winRT. You can just give me a link i would appreciate that a lot Thanks .

19karabo91

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:37 AM