Turtle Background RRS feed

• Question

• Is there any way of adding a background picture with the turtle window in Small Basic.

I am trying to put a map of the world in the background then use the turtle to show a path taken across the world.

Thursday, May 9, 2019 9:30 AM

Answers

• i myself has not done it but you can put world map or part of it as png image on the net with a image name and download it to your small basic window by the name you gave the image as shown by Pappa Lapub as above i dont know but i hope i have made some sense i myself am a student of small basic forum learning Code programing small basic                                                                                                  mahreen miangul
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:52 PM

All replies

• For a background image you would simply use

GraphicsWindow.DrawImage(imageName, x, y)    or

GraphicsWindow.DrawResizedImage(imageName, x, y, width, height)

eg.

' 'https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?search=equirectangular+earth+projection
    gw = GraphicsWindow.Width
    gh = GraphicsWindow.Height
    img = ImageList.LoadImage("https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/df/Worldmap_location_NED_50m.svg/1024px-Worldmap_location_NED_50m.svg.png")
    GraphicsWindow.DrawResizedImage(img, 0,0, gw,gh)

GraphicsWindow.PenColor = "Red" ' Line color

' Random walk
    While "True"
      x = Math.GetRandomNumber(gw)-1
      y = Math.GetRandomNumber(gh)-1
      Turtle.MoveTo(x,y)
      Program.Delay(1000)
    EndWhile

To change the TurtleImage itself, you can use

LDShapes.SetTurtleImage(imageName, size)

• Proposed as answer by litdev Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:21 PM
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 1:33 PM
    Answerer
  • i myself has not done it but you can put world map or part of it as png image on the net with a image name and download it to your small basic window by the name you gave the image as shown by Pappa Lapub as above i dont know but i hope i have made some sense i myself am a student of small basic forum learning Code programing small basic                                                                                                  mahreen miangul
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:52 PM