none
How can we provide suggestions/feedback to MS for improvements to the object model interfaces for Transport Agents? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Having worked on TA's for a while now we've found there are several things missing in the object model for our requirements. Consequently we have some horrible code that need to do some things directly either with MIME or TNEF - which is a crying shame as MS must have all the code to do the things we need anyway, it's just that the object model is deficient.

It'd be useful if there were an Exchange category on MS Connect where we could submit our suggestions, but as far as I can see, there isn't one.

So, where do the Exchange TA developers get to hear customer feedback?

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 1:40 PM

All replies

• Hello David,

You can provide your feedback in this forum thread. I will forward your feedback to the appropriate people.

With regards,

Michael | Microsoft Exchange Developer Content

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 5:43 PM
  • You can provide your feedback in this forum thread. I will forward your feedback to the appropriate people.

OK, thanks Michael.

I'll start a new thread to describe the current issue I've come across. Is there any convention I should use for the title for such things to ensure you identify it appropriately?

Thursday, July 31, 2014 8:46 AM
  • Hello David,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. You can provide feedback on Transport agents by using this site: http://officespdev.uservoice.com/.

With regards,

Michael | Microsoft Exchange Developer Content

The Exchange Development Forum Guide has useful information for using the Exchange Development Forum.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 1:37 AM
  • Thanks Michael. I wouldn't have assumed that site was for Exchange feedback - it's not mentioned anywhere, and searching for transport agent or Exchange on there shows no other feedback on it there.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014 8:22 AM
  • Hi, David. I'm glad you pointed out that Exchange wasn't specifically mentioned on our User Voice page. I'm sure that's been confusing for others as well. We added Exchange information to the page - take a look.

I see that you already added your suggestion there - we triaged User Voice entries earlier today.

Thanks for your suggestions and for proactively engaging.

Lola Jacobsen (Microsoft) Community Manager Microsoft Office Content Publishing - Developer Platform

Thursday, August 7, 2014 8:37 PM
  • Hi Lola,

Yes, I can now see that Exchange is mentioned on that uservoice page, that's a step in the right direction. I still can't see an appropriate category for it when you get to the point of creating a new suggestion. Is there one in that list of somewhat cryptic acronyms that may be Exchange specific?

I quite like the CSOM Gaps category - I've seen plenty of gaps in the TA object model for what I've been attempting to do :)

Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:25 PM
  • Hi David,

We added Exchange to the overview page but I completely forgot to add an "Exchange" category for UserVoice requests. My bad!

You *should* be able to categorize a question under "Exchange" now - let me know if that's not the case.

Thanks for providing feedback!

Thursday, August 7, 2014 10:46 PM
  • Yes, I now see Exchange listed in the category drop list.

It's not showing up in the list at the RHS of the page - though maybe that's because there aren't yet any items listed under that category?

Thursday, August 7, 2014 11:10 PM