none
Unable to authorize MSA for sandbox or create test accounts RRS feed

• Question

• It seems I am having a similar problem to others based on some recent unanswered posts.

I have:

• Signed up to the Creators program as a company
    • Created a UWP app with xbox-live-api integration
    • Created and published an application in Partner Center an associated the app with the UWP app
    • Switched my PC and Xbox to the sandbox listed for the above app

The problem I have is I cannot find a way to authorize a MSA for my sandbox.

The MSA associcated with my developer account does not seem to be authorized for my sandbox. If I try an add an account to the sandbox in Partner Center I get:

You are unauthorized to view the content on this page. If you believe you should have access please contact your account administrator and request [Access required for this page]

If I try an add test accounts I cannot hit the save button.

If I try and do the above from the xbox I get an error message saying these actions cannot be performed from this device.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get an account (test or real) authorized for a sandbox, or how to get my account updated so I can authorise accounts myself ?

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:50 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same issue. I've spoken to multiple departments, and no one seems to know who can help me.. I've been on hold for 5 hours with Microsoft, and I'm sure they just want me to get lost since they don't have an answer.
    Friday, October 18, 2019 4:28 AM
  • Same issue. Same headaches getting answers. 
    Sunday, November 17, 2019 7:46 AM
  • I also have the exact same issue... did you guys manage to find a solution ? I can’t believe this hasn’t been fixed since last October ?!?
    Monday, January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
  • Hello Guys,

I finally managed to fix it by myself...

First of all, Xbox Live Creators members are not supposed to be able to create test accounts, so the following behaviours are normal :

- If I try an add test accounts I cannot hit the save button.
    - If I try and do the above from the xbox I get an error message saying these actions cannot be performed from this device.

Then the real issue is that we can't provision a normal xbox account because we have this error message when going to the following link https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/xboxconfig/TestAccounts/Creator :

You are unauthorized to view the content on this page. If you believe you should have access please contact your account administrator and request [Access required for this page]

Until Microsoft fix it, there is a workaround. Simply right click on the "Add Account" button and launch your browser inspector to modify html code as the following :

replace 

<input type="button" class="btn-primary disabled" id="newCreatorButton" value="Add account">

by

<input type="button" class="btn-primary" id="newCreatorButton" value="Add account">

and the button will unlock and indeed work as expected.

I checked with the Xbox Live Tools and now I can finally enter my sandbox with my Xbox retail account.

Tuesday, January 21, 2020 12:19 PM
  • Good day,

the intervention works via the Edge Browser.
    The button changes to active status.
    However, a function is not triggered but only flashes
    the button.
    Kindly T.Trüb, Zurich

Saturday, January 25, 2020 9:04 AM