none
drag & drop of images inside of Blend for VS2015

Question

• Hi,

I tried to drag & drop an image of my solution to a Usercontrol. But this doesn't work in Blend for Visual Studio 2015.

In 2013 it works like charm.

Did I only miss to check an option to enable this or is this a bug in Blend 2015?

/marcel

Thursday, February 11, 2016 6:36 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi marcel,

Could you share us a simple sample using one drive? So I could repro this issue in my Blend 2015.

If you test it using different Blend 2015 machine, how about the result?

If all machines have the same issue, since it works well in VS2013, I feel that it would be a real issue.

You can submit this feedback to Microsoft Connect feedback portal: http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/CreateFeedback.aspx,Microsoft engineers will evaluate them seriously, if possible, you could share a simple sample under the connect report site, so the product team members could really repro this issue, I will also download and test it in my side using the same Environment as yours, if I get the same issue, I will help you vote your connect report.

But if it works well in other blend 2015, we would think about the specific blend 2015 or the Environment.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 12, 2016 5:25 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Yes I tested it on multiple machines and it seems to be the same behavior on all of them.

but you could easy reproduce thsi by:

- create a new solution in blend.
    - Add a Picture to the Solution.
    - go to the solution Explorer.
    -open a xaml-file (e.g. MainPage.xaml)
    -try to drag and drop the *.png file from the solution Explorer to the Mainpage.

I already created an issue to MS:

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2350844/drag-drop-of-a-picture-in-blend-2015-doesnt-work

Friday, February 12, 2016 10:45 AM
  • Hi marl87,

I think I could repro this issue in my side, it works well in VS2013, but not work in VS2015.

I will help you vote your connect report.

Thanks,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 15, 2016 5:30 AM