Running AsmL specifications with SpecExplorer RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

A couple of years ago, I have used Spec Explorer to compile and execute AsmL specifications. Is this capability still supported with the new Spec Explorer ?

If yes, please let me know how to proceed. Otherwise can you point me to a way of compiling and executing AsmL specifications (In the past I was even able to compile and execute AsmL within MS word).

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 9:03 AM

Answers

• No, unfortunately there isn't. AsmL was discontinued before 2010.
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hi Jameleddine,

maybe this can help somehow:

* The source code for the AsmL-compiler can be downloaded at codeplex "http://asml.codeplex.com/"
    * So you're hopefully able to compile AsmL libraries for .Net.
    * Spec Explorer is language agnostics as it works on the clr. So it could explore the .Net libraries of AsmL.
    * If you add all the correct method attributes ([Rule], [assembly: ModelingAssembly] etc.) in AsmL and add the library to a C# VS-project,
     Spec Explorer should finally be able to explore it.

This way includes some effort and might not really work - maybe someone has a better solution.

Friday, June 17, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Thanks Bububa.

Actually I have few AsmL specifications that I would like to compile and run. Having the MS word AsmL add-in would be sufficient for me (I don't need Spec explorer sophisticated features).

Is there a way to get the AsmL add-in for the MS Word 2010 ?

Thanks for your help

Jameleddine

Friday, June 17, 2011 10:43 AM
  • No, unfortunately there isn't. AsmL was discontinued before 2010.
    Saturday, July 2, 2011 12:04 AM